Portrait Gallery of the
now on display
Outsider Art Museum
'China' until 5 June 2017
ABN AMRO Art Award 2016
until 28 May 2017
Romanovs & Revolution
Until 17 September 2017
Dutch Masters from the Hermitage
From 7 October 2017
ABN AMRO Art Award 2017
Catharine, the Greatest
Spanish Masters from the Hermitage
Outsider Art Museum
ABN AMRO Art Prize
Alexander, Napoleon & Joséphine
Dining with the Tsars
Expedition Silk Road
Gauguin, Bonnard, Denis
Peter the Great
Vincent. The Van Gogh Museum in the Hermitage Amsterdam
Rubens, Van Dyck & Jordaens
Matisse to Malevich
- Highlights of the exhibition
- Background by Henk van Os
- Sergey Shchukin and Others
- Auguste Chabaud
- André Derain
- Kees van Dongen
- Georges Dufrenoy
- Raoul Dufy
- Henri Le Fauconnier
- Othon Friesz
- Charles Guérin
- Alexej von Jawlensky
- Wassily Kandinsky
- Marie Laurencin
- Kazimir Malevich
- Henri Manguin
- Albert Marquet
- Henri Matisse
- Amédée Ozenfant
- Pablo Picasso
- Jean Puy
- Georges Rouault
- Chaim Soutine
- Maurice Utrillo
- Louis Valtat
- Maurice de Vlaminck
- Russian literature around 1900
- At the Russian Court
- Caspar David Friedrich
- Images of St Petersburg
- Art Nouveau
- Collectors in St Petersburg
- Silver wonders from the east
- Pilgrim treasures
- Nicholas & Alexandra
- Greek gold
St Petersburg & Russia
Hermitage Amsterdam and Amstelhof
Frequently Asked Questions
Information for visitors
- When is the museum open?
- Daily 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- How long are the waiting times at present?
- Unfortunately, waiting times vary and cannot be predicted exactly. If there is a queue, the waiting time could be up to an hour.
- What are the admission prices for the exhibition in the Hermitage Amsterdam?
Click here for the admission prices.
- Can I buy a Museum Card at the ticket desk?
Yes, you can. You can use the card immediately. For more information and the conditions applying to the Museum Card, go to www.museumvereniging.nl.
Incidentally, the Museum Society recently changed the name from Museum Year Card to Museum Card.
- How can I get to the museum?
By car or by public transport
Limited parking is available in the immediate surroundings. The nearest guarded parking garages are those at Het Muziektheater, parking Waterlooplein in the Valkenburgerstraat and Markenhoven in the Anne Frankstraaat, close to the entrance to the IJ tunnel.
From Central Station the Hermitage Amsterdam can be reached by tram 9, Waterlooplein stop, or metro 51, 53 or 54, Waterlooplein stop, Nieuwe Herengracht exit.
Personal travel advice is available from the public transport website www.9292ov.nl.
- On which side is the entrance to the Hermitage Amsterdam?
- On the River Amstel side, no. 51. From there you enter the garden and are directed to the ticket desk.
- Can admission tickets to the museum be ordered or reserved in advance?
- It is possible to purchase tickets through the website. Click here fore more information.
- Are there facilities for the disabled?
The Hermitage Amsterdam is completely wheelchair-friendly and -accessible (including the lifts and toilets for the disabled). If you would like to make use of one of our wheelchairs, it is best to phone in advance: +31 (0)20 530 74 88.
There are parking places for the disabled right by the Hermitage. It is best to phone in advance and reserve: +31 (0)20 530 74 88.
- Am I allowed to take photos of the exhibition and the works?
- No, taking photos in the museum is not permitted. Also selfie sticks are not permitted in the exhibition. On our website you will find pictures of the building and of several highlights of the exhibition. Postcards of various art works are on sale in our museum shops.
- Is there an audiotour, and if so in which languages and what does it cost?
- The audiotour is available in multiple languages. Available in the entrance hall.
- What activities take place in the museum and where and when?
- For the current activities consult the website www.hermitage.nl/en/activiteiten/.
- What is there for children to do in the museum?
- For more information about the Hermitage for Children and its activities go to www.hermitage.nl/en/hvk/.
- How can I contact the Hermitage Amsterdam by phone from other countries?
- Dial +31 20 530 74 88.
- What are the opening times of Café-Restaurant Neva?
- Daily 10 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
- What are the opening times of the museum shops?
- The museum shop is open daily from 10.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
- Can I bring my dog to the museum?
- No, dogs and all other pet animals are not allowed in the Hermitage Amsterdam, except for therapy dogs.
Daily 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Closed on 27 April (Kingsday) and 25 December (Christmas Day)
Open on 1 January 11 a.m.- 5 p.m.
The Hermitage Amsterdam is located on Amstel 51, Amsterdam
Photo Roy Beusker Fotografie
+31 (0)20 530 74 88
More information online ticketing:
+31 (0)20 530 87 55